never a dull moment
In the Wood River Valley, events deliver good times month after month.
1) Every October, the Sun Valley Jazz Jamboree brings top-notch jazz bands to the Wood River Valley.
2) In December, the annual Christmas Eve ice show at Sun Valley Resort lights up the night.
3) The Fourth of July Parade in downtown Hailey attracts thousands of patriotic participants and spectators.
4) The Trailing of the Sheep Festival in October celebrates the region's sheep-ranching heritage.
5) In early July, the Days of the Old West Rodeo in Hailey features buckin' broncos and burly bulls.
6) The Fur Ball is a spirited fundraiser for the Animal Shelter of the Wood River Valley.
7) The Sun Valley Summer Symphony is the largest privately funded, free-admission symphony in the country.
8) Every July, the Sun Valley Center for the Arts Wine Auction raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for arts programs.
9) The Wagon Days parade in Ketchum, held over Labor Day weekend, is one of the largest non-motorized parades in the West.
10) Labor Day celebrations in Ketchum also include the Great Wagon Days Duck Race on the Big Wood River.
11) The Firefighters' Ball is a rockin' good time held for a good cause: to support firefighter training.
12) The Northern Rockies Music Festival livens up Hop Porter Park in Hailey every August.